We are proud to participate in the Smile for a Lifetime program. This program offers orthodontic scholarships to children ages 11-18 who would not otherwise be able to afford orthodontic treatment. Participating orthodontists, such as Dr. Coleman, donate their services, including the cost of one set of retainers after treatment is completed.
Scholarships are chosen by a national screening committee. They are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need and a complete and accurate application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Be between the ages of 11 and 18.
- Have a family income of no more than 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Have good dental hygiene practices.
- Have received a dental checkup in the past six months.
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Maintain a good enrollment standing in school.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be willing to abide by the treatment plan our orthodontist provides.
- Have a positive letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader.
Please contact the Smile for a Lifetime national office at 719-535-2777 for more information.
You can submit your application here:
Orthodontic Approval Process
- Applications are completed and submitted online through https://www.smileforalifetime.org/apply-for-braces.
- Simply click on “Apply Today” to submit your application.
- Once your application is received and all needed material is submitted, the S4L national office will contact you within 30 days.
- There is a $20 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you are approved, there is a $480 administrative fee, paid to the national office.